- Having a least 3 years’ experience in the Housing sector would be essential to carry out your duties & responsibilities.
- Communicate the Risk management policy and Compliance management policy, processes, roles, and responsibilities.
- Provide training and support in Risk and Compliance to staff, including Board members.
- Attend Board Meetings (approx. 6 annually) Provide quarterly report on all Risk and Compliance activity to the Board.
- Work closely and regularly meet with the CEO as well as the Senior Management Team.
- Support and attend the Audit & Risk sub-Committee meetings, (approx. 5 annually).
- Evaluate new and emerging regulatory requirements from the Housing and Charities Regulator and ensure their incorporation into internal compliance standards, policies and procedures as required,
- Contribute to the completion of the Regulatory Returns.
- To develop and implement a risk based annual Compliance Plan for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Regular review and update, of the Risk Management Framework.
- Provide an independent evaluation of, Strategies, Policies and Procedures and detail any required remedial action where weaknesses are identified.
- Provide support on implementation of the Risk Management Framework and Performance Management as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure each internal/external risk of the Housing association is identified, assessed, reported, and monitored and assist the CEO with the managing and mitigating of those risks.
- Ensure that significant risks are quickly communicated to the CEO and that remediation plans are acted upon.
- Advise the Board of Directors on risk management policy and processes.
- Attend all Audit & Risk Committee meetings and provide papers /assist in committee administration as required.
- Assist CEO with Minutes & Agenda
- Health & Safety report for Board meetings
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to overview processes.
- The ability to provide and accept constructive challenge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, demonstrating good organisational and analytical skills
- Compliance & Risk: 3 years (Required)
- Housing: 3 years (Preferred)