Our client is a Dublin based company that explores multiple areas of the Drinks and Beverages industry. This company is forward thinking and is looking to support it's growth for the next 2 years. Our client operates in several countries and has plenty of opportunities for career development.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Quality & Safety Controller’s primary responsibility will be to ensure that products maintain a high level of quality. This role involves establishing quality management systems in the brewery which cover brewing and packaging of the brewery’s products.
- Develop and Implement a Quality, HACCP and Safety program that incorporates the standard method of documenting routine and standardised check.
- Implement standard operating standards for Quality, HACCP and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with all food safety protocols, such as HACCP, BRC and FEMAS.
- Ensure that all beers are produced in accordance with quality specifications and compliant with government regulations and standards.
- Responsible for conducting routine sampling for chemical & microbiological, and corrective actions if required after monitoring and interpreting all sampling.
- Responsible for sending samples to external lab for testing
- Provide the brewing department with timely and accurate results concerning routine sampling of beer and brewing material to ensure a quality & safe product
- Ensure compliance with specifications from materials through to final products process of bottling and packaging. Pre-collection of test samples during brewing i.e. Pre-fermentation tests.
- Manage and investigate any customers complaints with regards to quality of the product
- Ensure all plant and technical equipment are calibrated and maintained and that all routine quality checks are carried out in the appropriate manner to the required frequencies
- Monitor the quality of incoming raw materials/ products and outgoing products, liaise with suppliers on material issues.
- Train the team in relation to the carrying out of all routine quality checks according to procedure and the compliance of results to specifications.
- Be the point of contact and assist with EHO and EHO inspections and queries
- Prepare and manage all quality certifications for customers and clients for export.
- Assist the marketing team with product tastings for QA & QC
- Implement and manage a plan for a health and safety program
- Ensure all requested actions are performed in a timely manner
- Reiterate the importance of a safe working environment, and the correct use of PPE to all staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure sufficient PPE stock available, ordering of stock.
- Third level degree in Biology, Chemistry Food Science or equivalent, with a min of 3 years experience
- High level of IT skills in particular Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to use own initiative and work independently