Our client is a US Multinational based in West Dublin. In operation for over 100 years, they have grown from strength to strength. Due to restructuring, a new position has become available.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with US GAAP and will have excellent interpersonal skills looking at working with internal and external stakeholders.
This role would involve working closely with the tractional team who are responsible for the transactional accounting work and provide an overview of the work.
- Manage month end and year end activities.
- Approve journal entries and monitor month end close.
- Ensure checks are performed on workings and that risks are identified.
- Oversee the trial balance.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare BS variance analysis.
- Be involved in system to system reconciliations where necessary.
- Coordinate responsibilities and deliverables with the transactional team.
- Work to increase efficiency and improve processes in the business.
- Manage the relationship between the teams to assist with a smooth migration of new responsibilities to the transactional teams.
The Skills and & Qualifications
- A Qualified Accountant - ACCA/ ACA / CPA or CIMA (Qualified by experience may also be considered).
- 3+ years PQE required with previous experience reviewing work of others.
- Previous experience with US GAAP desirable but not essential.
- System experience: Oracle or SAP would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working with external vendors and multinational teams.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.