Pros and Cons of hiring temporary staff.
Temporary workers play an important role in many small, medium sized and multinational companies within Ireland.
Temporary workers, Depending on the season of the year and whose statistics you look at confirm that on average 21% of the Irish workforce is employed on a temporary basis.
Would your business benefit from temporary help?
To find out, check out these pros and cons of hiring a temp. You may just find that this hiring arrangement is something that is well-suited for your business right now or something that you’ll want to seriously consider in the future.
• Enables your business to adjust more easily and quickly to workload fluctuations
• Temporary help can quickly provide your business with qualified staff.
• Employee absences: illness, vacation, maternity or disability leave, sudden departure
• Unexpected or temporary demands: special projects, seasonal or peak periods, employee shortages
• Maintains staffing flexibility
• Can evaluate worker without commitment
• Can save time and money
• When you employ an agency, they – not you – becomes the temp worker’s employer. The agency is responsible for and bears the financial burden of recruiting, screening, testing and payment of the employee
• Training Needs
• Morale Issues
• Legal Concerns
When choosing a temp agency for the first time, you will need to spend some time selecting one that meets your particular needs
Due to Eirkoo's continued success of recruiting for various Financial Services, Industry, Professional Services and Accountancy firms, Eirkoo has launched an Office Support Division in August 2019 to help source talent for our clients across their administrative and operational functions.
See below some of the core areas we have been recruiting for on a Temporary / Permanent and Contract basis:
• Office Managers
• Personal Assistants
• Executive Assistants
• Data Entry
• Legal Administrations / Executives
Eirkoo Office Support works across all levels in the administrative and operational space, from building teams, permanent recruitment on a contingent basis and senior retained assignments.